Friday, 28 February 2025

Little Spring things

 All of a sudden my garden is filled with little groups of Spring things. They seem to have arrived overnight!

I love these little clumps of Tete a Tete daffodils. Every year they seem to get brighter.


Primroses, such a sign of new beginnings. Mine do their own thing, and appear in the lawn, the beds and in the rockery. I think they quite enjoy choosing their own space.


Tiny purple Iris in a large pot by the front door. Soon they will be followed by narcissi and pink Tulips.

A first camellia. It won't be long before this bush will be covered in flowers.


One last photo. A mixture of little daffodils, primroses and crocus. As you can see, the primroses have moved into the lawn.
 It's a happy sight.




21 comments:

Sandi said...

OH! Lovely!

Sue said...

Beautiful flower photos. :-)

KirstenM said...

Lovely! Spring always comes to Cornwall first. A countrywoman friend called those little purple/blue/red flowers with variegated leaves 'soldiers and sailors' because of the colours of the uniforms.

ellen b. said...

A beautiful prelude to Spring. Love seeing all this color.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Little groups of spring things - what a joy to see. Lovely, Barbara, thanks for this glimpse in your garden.

Connie said...

Oh my, you have so many beautiful blooms around your place I'm probably 6 weeks out until I see anything close to that. There is encouragement in knowing that spring is coming and now that we're having sunny days it seems even closer. Thank you for sharing you're beautiful blooms.

R's Rue said...

Such beautiful flowers.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mrs. White said...

What a joy to see flowers growing! We still have a great deal of snow here, but I am very much looking forward to the first flowers when they arrive sometime in the coming months.

Jackie said...

Look how lovely your garden is looking. Lots of snow here still, but it is melting.

God bless.

Lorrie said...

What lovely things are emerging in your garden. It cheers us so much when early spring pops out in such colour.

Granny Marigold said...

Such pretty Spring flowers. We're a month or more behind you but in time we'll see what has made it through the winter. So far only crocuses are blooming.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wondrous beauty!
Jo

Sal said...

It’s lovely to see the signs of spring. As we drove to Dawlish, yesterday, the verges were lined with daffodils all in bloom! Was lovely to see. Have a good weekend! 😁

Rambler said...

Lovely to see that Spring has sprung. My Camellia started producing flowers in January, just one or two . . but now it's covered in blooms: the earlier flowers have fallen off but are still providing colour on the ground, amongst the creamy Hellebores. My Tete-a-Tetes are in pots and now they are in full flower I may carry them to the front door of my bungalow where they can be enjoyed by passers-by.

Deanna Rabe said...

I love it! Thanks for showing the beauty in your garden! We are a just a few weeks away from some of this beauty here in the US.

Cheryl said...

Your "little groups of Spring things" are lovely . . . and so welcome! I just love the variety in the seasons!

Donna said...

I LOVE all the blooms! Hope mine appear soon!
hugs
Donna

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

I love the small daffodils much more than the larger ones which tend to get blown about in March winds. Native primroses are so pretty and deserve to grow where they are happiest. Thank you for sharing such joyful Spring flowers in your garden.

Terri said...

I always love your garden photos. We have snow. Blech!!! Looking forward to green and growing things.

Chris said...

Spring flowers are so bright and colourful, just what we need after winter to cheer us up.

Donna said...

The flowers are all so Gorgeous!!
Don't forget to set your clocks forward this weekend!
hugs
Donna

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...