Tuesday, 4 February 2025

They're here!

At last!
 I planted a circle of snowdrops some years ago, around my Cherry tree. I wondered if they were going to appear, but , here they are. 
Just one clump to begin with , but hopefully the circle will soon show up.


 I feel well enough to have a little outing, so if the weather is fine tomorrow, I'm going to go to Trelissick Gardens where apparently the snowdrops are fully out.

Later.... it rained. And rained.
I hope I can get there soon.

Thank you for all your 'non favourite' words and phrases. I agree with all of them and particularly liked Betty's 'Important Chairman of the  Board 'sayings!

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

So sweet to see these special blooms appear! Enjoy!

KirstenM said...

I saw in the weather forecast 'rain sweeping across from the west'! I hope it goes over soon, although, hang on, that means we'll be next!

Granny Marigold said...

Snowdrops are so lovely. I hope yours bloom well and spread. I don't believe my soil is what they like because they don't live very long and do not spread at all.

Jackie said...

So pretty. Hope that you get to take your visit to the gardens.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Snow drops, lovely, spring'às on the way. I have a clump in the middle of the lawn that hubby finds very irritating when he mows but I won't let him mow them down. I love bluebells as well.

Lorrie said...

The first snowdrops are always special. Too bad about the rain. I hope it passes quickly.

Rambler said...

Maybe this coming week will see you in Trelissick Gardens - the forecast looks good. Like everyone else, I am longing for nice weather - particularly hoping for no more storms with their damaging fierce winds and driving rain. My snowdrops have forced their way up through the dead brown stalks that I haven't cleared up . . . no excuse now; I MUST tidy them away and give those gorgeous snowdrops some light and space. Glad to hear you are improving a little. xx

Terri said...

Very pretty! I'm thankful you are feeling a bit better!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I do love snowdrops too, hope the weather holds out and you enjoy your garden trip. I gave up planting snowdrops long ago, they just don't grow for me!

Cheryl said...

I know it was so exciting to see your snowdrops popping up! I hope that you have been able to go the the garden. Good to know that you are feeling well enough to go, even if the weather is interfering!

Aritha V. said...

Oh, how lovely—those snowdrops! They always bring back childhood memories for me. When I was little, we would eagerly search for them because the first one to spot a snowdrop would get 10 cents from my mother. And back then, 10 cents could still buy you some candy! So you can imagine how seriously we took our little competition.

I’m curious to see if more snowdrops will appear in your garden. It’s always a bit magical when they suddenly pop up, like tiny messengers of spring. Keep me posted! 😊

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...