This has been a week, or rather, two weeks, of ups and downs.
Ups definitely included the visit from my daughter who flew in from Canada last week. We have had a good time, catching up with news, chatting and having a delicious family Sunday lunch at Trelissick Garden Barn restaurant.
All curtailed a bit by a down, which was my having a mild case of pneumonia. Not serious, but enough to have to rely on antibiotics and to make me feel definitely under par.
Golden mini daffodils are coming out in my pots, which is a cheering-up. Tulips are pushing their way through the earth. When you see the signs of Spring it makes you feel that one day this downpour will end.
Suttons seed photo...too wet to photograph mine, but they look exactly the same, even down to the algi on the pot!
Any more downs?
Well, my daughter flies back this week. So many things that I hoped to do seem to have been left undone, but my energy levels flagged. Fortunately she had other family to visit locally, brother, friends and so on.
It has been a flying visit, but good to sit and natter over a cup of tea and a freshly made ginger biscuit (cookie).
Onwards and upwards...
Golden mini daffodils are coming out in my pots, which is a cheering-up. Tulips are pushing their way through the earth. When you see the signs of Spring it makes you feel that one day this downpour will end.
Suttons seed photo...too wet to photograph mine, but they look exactly the same, even down to the algi on the pot!
Any more downs?
Well, my daughter flies back this week. So many things that I hoped to do seem to have been left undone, but my energy levels flagged. Fortunately she had other family to visit locally, brother, friends and so on.
It has been a flying visit, but good to sit and natter over a cup of tea and a freshly made ginger biscuit (cookie).
Onwards and upwards...


31 comments:
So glad your daughter was able to visit. The daffodils are gorgeous!
I'm sorry you are under the weather. I hope you feel better soon!
OH, I'm so sorry to hear you were feeling bad while your daughter was there, such a disappointing thing for you I'm sure, but things always look better on the bright side, and your daffodils are certainly hope springers, aren't they! Do hope that you get to feeling better, and that the rain will stop and the sun come out! Praying for you!!!
I'm sorry you've been down with pneumonia while your daughter was visiting. I'm glad you had some good chats. Your daffodils make for a very cheery sight.
There is nothing like the first flowers of Spring to brighten a day. I am so sorry you have not been feeling well...I hope you feel better really soon. How wonderful that your daughter came for a visit...tea and conversation with daughters...wonderful :) Take care Elizabeth. I am keeping you in my prayers.
So sad that you were sick during your daughter's visit! Hope that you were able to fit in some memory-making moments even so. Praying that you're soon feeling well!
How wonderful to have your daughter's visit - even with pneumonia. Antibiotics may have their problems but when you need them they are wonderful. Look after yourself.
I'm so sorry to read that you had pneumonia. Even a mild case is a challenge, and I hope you will soon be feeling 100%. It's good that your daughter was to visit, even for a short time. A visit from a daughter is good medicine!
O dear Elizabeth, I hope you will recover soon! All the best and I hope you can look back on those wonderful memories of your daughters visit while resting and recovering many, many times!
Love, Carolien
P.S. Had to giggle about the algi ...
Your daffodils are so pretty in that pot. Treasure the moments you had with your daughter. I hope you are feeling better by now.
Have a good day!
So sorry you are under the weather! I have had pneumonia and it is draining, even after it is gone, so take good care of yourself. Good your daughter came for a visit! Daughters are good things! Your flowers are lovely -- I love seeing photos of your garden!
Oh, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but good to know you were still able to have a good visit with your daughter. Gardens are definitely a pick-me-up, and yours always looks so lovely!
Good your daughter was visiting. I know you enjoyed that even if you weren't up to par. Hope you are feeling better by now. Those daffodils are just beautiful. Take care ♥
Hi Elizabeth! I was wondering if everything was okay with you. I'm so sorry you had the bout of pneumonia. It just wrings you out, I understand. I am currently on antibiotics myself for sinus issues. Bleah...
I hope you will enjoy more talks with your daughter, and plenty of tea and cookies. I know that's all your daughter wants. Just you. Her mom. It doesn't matter if you don't get out a lot, you're there for her, and that's precious.
Prayers to get better soon!
Ceil
Dear Elizabeth so sorry to hear you have caught pneumonia but sincerely hope you are in recovery. I am so glad though that you have enjoyed your dear daughter's visit - looks like a lovely restaurant for lunch!
Daffodils are always a joy to behold!
Have a lovely week!
Your daffodils are so pretty! Hope you feel better soon, love your attitude...Onwards and Upwards, a wonderful way to think.
Onwards and upwards indeed. I hope you are feeling MUCH better. Coughing is so wearing. My mom and sister and I talked and talked and talked some more.
Take good care, friend. Don't overdo.
Get well soon.x,
I'm glad you were able to enjoy your daughter's visit regardless of the pneumonia. I hope you are well on the way to recovery now :)
Diana
Sorry to hear you have had pneumonia - get well soon!
Sorry that you had pneumonia and that it interfered with your visit. Those visits are always too short anyway, no matter how long, aren't they. Hope you're feeling better now.
Oh my dear, so sorry to hear that you are not well. I very much hope that it was discovered early enough to be able to get rid of it quite quickly - such a bad moment to be ill, when such a long wanted visit is on. Perhaps it is because you are running out of energy and you could give your body a rest now because your daughter was there? Sending best 'get well soon' wishes over to you. Love, Anke
It was so lovely to visit you today, Elizabeth! I am so sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. Pneumonia is no fun, as I soon found out a few years back. God is ever faithful, though, and it is only through Him that we live and move and have or being. (I quickly learned how precious a breath really is!) I do trust you will feel well and be able to visit the remnant of your daughter's visit. God bless you abundantly!
What you need is a pocket full of New Zealand sunshine B! I wish I could send some your way.
What a shame you've been under the weather while Carol is there, I can feel your frustration however your 'small moments' enjoying a cup of tea and chatting are precious.
Thinking of you and I hope you feel chippa very soon!
Hugs
Shane
So sorry to hear you were under the weather, especially while your daughter was visiting. It's difficult when you can't do everything as planned. Hopefully you enjoyed your time together regardless. I love the daffodils, a beautiful taste of Spring.
It can be hard to let go of those things we "wanted to do" during a visit or special time. I still haven't learned it, but I'm trying to let the Lord have them more. The natter over tea is so sweet, and in the longer picture, maybe it will mean more to your daughter than other things might have. I'm glad you were at least able to visit and weren't sick in bed or hospital! Thank the Lord for that. :-)
Mini daffodils are so pretty. Your pot must be a delightful spot of "sunshine". :-)
I hope you are feeling better soon ; )
Sweet friend, how I hope and pray you are doing better. I am thankful to hear you enjoyed your time with your daughter - what a blessing to have her with you for a time.
Thinking of you, dear one. Love and hugs!
Oh ! So sorry to hear that you,ve been poorly too ...hope you feel better soon .I do love to read your journal : ) x
I'm so sorry to hear you have been unwell! I am happy though for your time with your daughter and for spring's bliss.
I will be praying for renewed energy and health as well as a blessed remaining days of your visit.
Love and blessings!
Frannie
I do hope you are on the mend. Hugs!
Post a Comment