On a wet and cold day here in England, I can show you a little colour in my garden.
These pansies have been amazing, flowering for months. Every now and then I give them a boost with some plant food and they seem to thrive.
There are a few isolated spots of colour here and there.
The pots of daffodils are coming to an end, and I have begun to empty them in readiness for Geranium planting.
The pretty tulips love the sun and open their petals wide if they ever see a ray or two.
I have bought the first three Tomato plants, a variety called Shirley which have always proved to be a good cropper. They will stay in the pots for a while till they are strong, and then be dug into the ground of the greenhouse.
I really wasn't going to raise tiny plants this year.
As you can see.
Well, just a few Sweet William will be pretty in the garden.
Oh, and some white Nicotiana seeds, hopefully ticking away to emerge later.
With our terrible wet weather and cold winds, that's all I have going at the moment.
I'm sure your gardens are preparing for Summer!
17 comments:
I always have loved pansies. They are such a colorful and delicate looking flower but are pretty hardy and grow well down here in Florida. I'm encouraged to see yours in a pot. I didn't know they would grow like that. I'll have to try that.
It's just past 0630 here and I have been planning my day. A good few hours in the garden, where the ground is already alarmingly dry - that is the challenge of gardening on this island. Months of water-logged soil and then a week of sun that turns it all to dust or concrete. People are already watering here.
Your pansies are lovely - and I have a twinge of envy at the thought of a greenhouse.
Aren't pansies just the jolliest little flowers? There seems to be no limit to the varieties of color combinations!
xo
Oh nicotiana that will be pretty. I just received my online order all mine were half price and I have a selection of ranunculus, alstroemeria, gladiolus - all in white, pink and plum colours - I do hope they are easy to grow as I am no expert but have a total of 40 seeds/bulbs here so am hopeful of some success!
Love your pot of pansies. They are a plant that always make me smile. You have very nice pops of color in your garden...
Everything looks lovely! I was in the greenhouse this afternoon too, it was very therapeutic. :) xx
Your flowers are pretty,I love pansies. We have been having a lot of rain the last few days, hopefully it will be pretty and sunny today!
Our spring has also been very wet so far, I haven't even begun working on the "potager". Oh, and I have the same problem as you every time I comment I get a "failed delivery" message, even when my comment does seem to appear on the blog.
We had a little rain this morning - and it is much needed to settle some of the thick pollen which now covers everything. All is blooming, the gardens around look lovely and I so enjoy looking through the windows at mine this weekend.
Good luck with your tomatoes and such - I'm sure the weather will brighten and be drier soon.
Hope all is well - hugs, Mary
We've had a gloriously sunny week, but that is due to end soon, I believe. Your pansies look so bright and cheerful, as pansies do. Isn't it wonderful the way they last and last? I hope spring/summer weather soon smiles down on your garden.
I think you have A LOT going on in the garden! I'm eager for gardening season.
I love your pansies! I just planted some in one of my gardens ~ purple and yellow. :-) They are such a happy flower. Your garden looks so pretty. You are so fortunate to have a greenhouse too.
Have a nice day! ♥
Good morning!
Love your pansies and I always love pansies :) Their shy and gentle faces always make me melt ... The ones I bought last autumn are starting up again and I recently filled my pots and hanging baskets too. Spring is coming, hurray!
Have a good week & love, Carolien
I love Nicotiana! It's so pretty and fragrant. How encouraging to see pretty flowers blooming - somewhere! We won't be setting anything outdoors until the first week of June. Enjoy your spring - and I hope you get some sunshine.
So beautiful !! I am so looking forward to having flowers.. I think you must have a green thumb.. xoox
Oh Elizabeth, I envy you your tulips and daffodils! They do not grow well in the tropics! Just beautiful. Mimi xxx
I love pansies, especially purple ones, I really do want some Sweet Williams, can't beat the old garden favourites x
Post a Comment