Isn't this lovely?
I've been thinking about making a different door wreath for Christmas, but I don't think I could quite manage this.
In fact it is more likely to be a quick rush down the lane, cut some fir branches and wind them into a circle to 'dress'.
But I do admire the work that goes into these beautifully made decorations...and I have my trusty Glue gun, so , who knows?
We always put up our tree and decorations about a week before Christmas. I know that many of you already have a tree up.
But I like the anticipation of waiting (trans. last minute rush)
It will be simple again this year. No small children around. Grown up grandchildren living far away.
But actually, it is a peaceful time that I am looking forward to. Some lovely music, a Christmas DVD or two, Carols at Kings and easily prepared food.

22 comments:
That is a pretty and colorful wreath. I do like the fresh pine wreaths just for the great scent! We never had children, so holidays are quiet for us. We enjoy the meaning of Christmas and try to stay far away from stores and we eat and decorate simply. Do you have a favorite group or artist that you enjoy listening to at Christmas? xoxo Mildred Elizabeth!
It is lovely but yours will be made with love and more personal. Your celebrations sound just the job and we will be doing something similar here although the Wanderer will be with us.
What a beautiful wreath, it certainly is lovely. Our Christmas is usually quite quiet, just immediate family xx
Even if I had a glue gun I wouldn't be able to duplicate that! :)
Our Christmas will be quiet with no small children around.
Elizabeth, your wreath is gorgeous! I love simple quiet Christmastime!
What a pretty wreath! It would look very nice on my red door.
I won't be doing any decorating until after the first Sunday of Advent, and then only a little at a time. I like to stretch it out.........though when I take everything down after Epiphany, it is always all in one day.
That is quite a beautiful wreath! And a simple and peaceful Christmas season sounds beautiful too!
That is an impressive wreath, i make mine, this year am doing so with a neighbour. It is easy to make a twine base just twisting ivy strands into a circle and then leave to dry and fill with greens when time to use, the difficult part is finding all the stuff to decorate it! Thats when trips to the woods are helpful! fresh ivy holly snd pine are abundant here. I hope you do make one as it's really fun.
Good morning Elizabeth,
I recognize your tempo leading to Christmas. The tree enters the house here after the feast of St. Nicolaas here and I personally LOVE the Advent time so much ... Each year I buy an amarylis bulb and watch it grow. When the children were small I wanted to show them what Advent means ... waiting and longing for ... and they followed the growing process of the bulb up till arouns Christmas. They have left the nest now but I still do it, grins ...
HAve a good week, greetings and love for you and your husband (hope he is feeling better!),
Carolien
That wreath is lovely, but I like the sound of your fir wreath! Anticipation is a good thing, and its your tradition.
Christmas can be too busy at times, your quiet Christmas enjoying the things you like sounds lovely!
I relish the idea of a simple Christmas, but we have small grandchildren the bring the pleasure of making a special Christmas. I really don't relish the idea of putting up the tree so soon and rushing the season, so I am with you.
Christmas is coming slowly here. I like to anticipate. Advent is for those who watch, I read recently. The wreath is pretty, but I like your idea of a trip outside to see what you can find to create with. Christmas celebrations change throughout the years, don't they?
Your handmade wreath from fir branches sounds quite lovely! I do understand your desire to keep things simple, when there are not little children around especially! Blessings to you today dear friend!
I love that. So pretty and colorful. Awesome job making that.
That is a beautiful wreath. I'm hoping to simplify our Christmas a bit too this year. Your peaceful plans sound lovely. xox
That is exactly how I love to celebrate this time of year... and it seems it is the only way we can due to our daughter's condition...but no matter, it is a lovely way - keeps my heart focused on HIM! :)
I do love that wreath! Some faux fruit and glue would do it. We are so busy the next two weekends, I'm sure we won't get our tree until pretty close to Christmas. I do have some decorations up around the house though, and a sprinkling of fairy lights helps it seem more festive :)
Your quiet plans for Christmas sounds heavenly. Some years we want lots of company and hubbub, and other years we're very happy with peaceful and serene. That's a lovely wreath. We don't have much around us to go out and fetch to turn into something fresh and festive for the holiday. Unless we hop to the greenhouse turned winter wonderland.
Wishing you a lovely weekend...
Brenda xox
Lindíssima. Adorei. Bom fim de semana. Abraço.
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for stopping by my blog and happy to meet one of my Christmas bauble partners. I made my first Christmas wreath last year using different coloured pieces of ribbons and a styrofoam circle - it turned out not too bad.
Hope you have a lovely week.
That's a pretty wreath but I bet yours will be prettier because it will be natural. I love wreaths made with plants and branch cuttings from the yard. I'm crafty but not that crafty! haha
I bought a new wreath last year. I should have purchased two since our fireplace is so big! I need one on the other side instead of the painting. :)
We traditionally have hor d'oeuvres on Christmas Eve and watch a Christmas movie but this year we are going to attend Christmas Eve service at church and then come back for the snack time. It was always difficult to take our daughter Amy to church in the evening so that's how our tradition started.
xoxo
Our house is decorated, except for the outside and the tree - hopefully next weekend!
Oh yes, a natural wreath is always so pretty. We are also looking forward to a quiet Christmas, but hope to bring in the New Year with a bang!
Post a Comment