Well, it wasn't quite this drastic, but the fall that my husband had whilst in the Care Home was enough to shake him up badly.
He's back home now, feeling a little shell shocked, but having seen our own Dr, as well as the one in the Devon Home, we are assured that the bruising will fade, and the pains will subside. God must have had him in his hands at that moment as so many falls result in a broken hip. We are so very thankful.
My daughter and I had a lovely week together doing things that I don't normally have time for. We walked through Trelissick gardens, went shopping, went out for dinner, visited friends and family and just enjoyed each other's company. She's back in Vancouver now.
A quiet week now.

22 comments:
Awe...I was sorry to hear of your husband's fall. What a praise that he wasn't hurt badly and my prayers will certainly go up for his recovery.
How nice that you were able to spend quality time with your daughter doing things that you are not always able to do.
Bless you, dear lady ♡
Dear Elizabeth, I am sorry about your husband's fall but so thankful that he did not break anything. I know you loved the time shared with your daughter. I know your husband was in your heart the whole time but I hope you two created sweet memories doing enjoyable things. I pray you both have a restful night. xo
I am so glad to read that your daughter is with you, but so sorry to read of M's fall. These falls are so very hard to watch...and the subsequent injuries can be alarming. Just today my 100 lb little mother tipped her wheelchair and suffered a terrible black eye.
I am with you in spirit!
So sorry about that fall but glad he didn't break a hip. Glad you had a good visit with your daughter and you have a quiet week ahead.
oh that can be so disheartening and scary! I am glad it was not worse! Lord have mercy! What protection has been shown already! I am glad you had a nice time with your daughter. It's not easy to see one's Husband suffer, I sympathize with that one, seeing my own Husband going though things (he is not frail yet but has had unexpected challenges this year) and knowing that there is only so much one can do; I am learning that simply loving and trying to be supportive and having a peaceful home is a "big" thing that I can do. God's blessings and comfort to you!
I'm glad you had a good visit with your daughter. How frightening for your husband to fall. It's good hear that he didn't break any bones and is recovering. Your daughter came home to windy, rainy weather! I wish you a quiet and snug week.
Ouch! So sorry to hear of your husband's fall. Bruising in someone very frail and elderly tends to be really bad but I'm really glad to hear that bruising and shock are "all" that happened.
SO glad to hear that you are back together and reassured that it will all heal. Best wishes, xxx
Glad to know he will be OK - falls at our age can be devastating and we all need to take extra care!
Lovely knowing you and your daughter enjoyed some 'girl time' together - it's always so special when we live far away from our loved ones and don't get together as we'd like.
Hugs - and good wishes for your husband's quick recovery.
Mary x
Oh dear Barbara... I'm sorry to hear about the fall of your husband. Falls can such a trying experience, for the patient as well as the caretaker. Praising Our Lord that your husband is home and recuperating with you showering him with attention :) So good that you were able to spend such good times with your lovely daughter... blessings to you my dear friend :) ...
Sweet friend, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's fall. Praise the Lord that he is now home and I will be praying all goes well.
Thinking of you, dear one. Sending lots of love and hugs your way!
Sorry to hear about your husband, that's the worrying thing as we get older, bones are broken much easier.
Like you said, thank goodness nothing was broken as it’s so easily done. The time with your daughter sounded lovely xx
I'm so glad that he is okay, and didn't break a bone!
I am very happy for you that you and your daughter had a wonderful time together!
Yes, there must have been some angels around him, thank God! I hope the pain will dissappear quickly ...
I an so glad you had a good time with your daughter :)
Love and have a good day, Carolien
I'm so sorry that your husband experienced a bad fall, I hope he heals quickly and the pain goes away. It's so nice that you were able to enjoy some time with your daughter.
I echo the sentiments of all the others and hope your husband recovers quickly.
Very sorry to read about hubby's fall but glad that you both had the respite none-the-less and that he is now home, safe in your care.
Betty x
I'm thankful that your husband's fall didn't break anything! But it surely does shake you up! How wonderful that you and your daughter got to enjoy some precious time with each other, a welcome break for you I'm sure! Blessings to you today dear friend!
I'm so sorry to hear about this! I am thankful that he didn't break anything. That is always worrisome. Hope you have a wonderful day!
It has been awhile since I visited you here on your blog, and I have had a lot of catching up to do. It sounds like you and your daughter had a lovely week together, but I am so sorry that your husband fell while having respite care. Thankfully there are no broken bones and hopefully he recovers soon. Blessings to you, my friend.
I'm sorry to read this about your husband, Barbara. I will continue to pray for you both. I'm trying to catch up on blogs; there are so many! {{hugs}}
Post a Comment