Let's move on to something more cheerful.
My tulips opened up. They are last year's bulbs and I think they are a little smaller this year, but still a beautiful colour.
I've been rediscovering the magic of Skype, chatting to my daughter this afternoon.
And I've finished a little sewing.
The hearts all came about when one of the Carers asked me to make her a Ring pillow for her cream and gold wedding last year.
Ring pillows weren't around in my time so it was fun to create this using beautiful Dupion silk.
It went on from there.
I made another one to send to a dear friend in America who is getting married in April.
Then someone else saw what I was doing and asked for one.....and so it goes on.
This is a little one , not for rings, but just because one of the Carers fell in love with the pink Dupion!
Now I'm hooked on hearts, and chasing remnants of silk on Ebay!
Now I'm hooked on hearts, and chasing remnants of silk on Ebay!
12 comments:
How pretty those little hearts are and the pink one is the same colour as your tulips isn't it?
Beautiful hearts!
Thrift stores, look for silk dresses, blouses and ties.
The hearts are so very pretty!! The tulips too.
What a lovely craft hobby, I love your heart ring pillows. I am glad you are nimble fingered and able to make them too :)
Beautiful hearts! Silk dupioni is such a lovely fabric. Those tulips are a great colour, and far ahead of tulips here.
What lovely pillows. Your stitching is exquisite
It's wonderful to have a skill, or craft, or something that you enjoy doing. It's a gift we give to ourselves that we can then share with others. Your hearts will be enjoyed and cherished. They are very pretty--so are the tulips. Still waiting on ours. I do social distancing very well. I am very happy in my basement building my minis and it looks like your are content, too. Blessings.
Your tulips are great and the hearts are gorgeous! I wish you lots of joy while making them!!!
Have a nice Sunday & love Carolien
Those tulips are amazing. Your hearts are so pretty. I can see why people want them! Thanks for the cheerful post!
Good morning,
I hope all's well with you and your husband. Those tulips are so pretty and the ring pillows are just precious.
Here in SC most everything is closed or operating with altered hours. But the azaleas and dogwoods are beautifully blooming! Lots of churches, including mine, are livestreaming services, so we're thankful for technology also.
Blessings, Linda
Barbara, oh your hearts are lovely!! And your tulips too. xo
A little late with my comment Barbara but I wanted to show you my tulips, here. However, I can't find a way to put the picture in my comment!
Also, the broken arm is not properly mended yet and typing with one finger is onerous☹️
I will put them on my violet-white blog😁
Post a Comment