I wish I'd kept count of the masks I have made.
They are simple basic masks, more a face covering than anything.
I havent done many with filters, as I dont feel they are really necessary unless one is travelling on trains etc.
I put a few on a garden table the other day, with some spare tomato plants,
not expecting them to go, but by lunch time none were left.
It's mostly neighbours who pass by on their daily walk who take them.
When I discovered that little donations were being left I felt I had to write a note saying that it isnt necessary, as it's my way of supporting people. The donations will of course go to the NHS.
Fortunately I have a large fabric collection, and a neighbour kindly added to it yesterday.
But....I've run out of elastic!
Hopefully my Ebay order will soon be here
But....I've run out of elastic!
Hopefully my Ebay order will soon be here
People do care about each other. My window cleaner was very worried about my 93 yr old next door neighbour yesterday. He could see her in her armchair, but she wasnt responding to his knock.
So I rang her son who came round, and found his mum in a very deep sleep but perfectly well.
It's so good when folk look out for each other.
18 comments:
That is a wonderful way to minister to your neighbors! I had to order masks and it took almost a month to get them, with no filters (which were supposed to be included). Oh well. I think you may right that unless one is traveling on a train or plane or bus, we probably don't need them. I know once our state opens up, many places are going to make it mandatory that you wear one before entering. I hope y'all are doing well. Praying for you, dear Barbara!! {{hugs}}
Oh! That was so nice of you and the window cleaner to check in on her.
Your masks look much better than mine did — mine got a little sloppy over time and I have run out of elastic as well. Yes, we do have to look after each other — as a younger woman I took care of family members as they aged and now.....it seems it is my turn. After a couple of health scares last year my younger neighbor came round to check on us and offer yard help. He was very sweet and I was very touched so that sort of things really does matter.
I am ashamed that I have only managed to make 2 masks and was using the lack of elastic as an excuse but yesterday a neighbour told me she had some as she had ordered it from E-bay and the least she could get was 100 m!!! So now I have no excuse but I am still procrastinating over the masks!
Oh, you are so smart to put out masks and tomato plants for your neighbors. I came upon a cute little library on my walk yesterday. It looks like the people just did it independently, so I must take some books up there today.
I made a funny mask yesterday. I'll take a picture of it. It looks like I tied a prairie bonnet to my face. LOL!
Take care, friend.
Thankful all was well with your neighbour. I am hopeful that the community feeling will last after this virus disappears. Mainly it has brought the best out of people certainly locally although not everywhere I believe.
How kind of you! And it sounds like you have such good neighbors.
Your neighbours and passersby are blessed by your generous spirit, Barbara. Most people are so very kind.
Love your neighborhood already. The fabric masks you are making are so cheerful.
How kind of you to put out those masks and even some tomato plants. It's rare to see people being so unselfish.
Y0ur mask donations are the kind of joys that help folks deal with this new world the pandemic has made.
What a lovely and generous gift for your neighbors and passersby -
you a such a special lady and dear friend.
Mary x
What a kind thing to do. People will be so appreciative as it's hard to buy them. I tried to make a mask, it didn't work out too well so I'll have to try a different pattern. I don't have a sewing machine, which makes it a little more difficult. A friend sent me a video of a simple pattern to make with T-shirt material, so I might have a try with that. Take care x
How thoughtful and kind you were to put those masks out along with the tomato plants. I'm sure the recipients are most grateful. And how thoughtful and kind of your window cleaner to be concerned about your neighbor..so heartwarming.
Blessings, Linda
What a lovely thing to do. And what lovely neighbours too.
This is such an encouraging post. Your kindness in sharing the masks with passersby (without desire of remuneration) and your window cleaner's concern for the elderly neighbor . . . heartwarming!
That's a wonderful thing to do, Barbara!
What a lovely gesture. I have several of the daisies popped up in my front borders too. I’m sure the birds bring them in. Hugs Mrs A.
Post a Comment