So, a week before Christmas, I have succumbed to a horrid virus which is, according to the newspapers 'sweeping the nation'.
Constant coughing, razor blades in my throat, temperature and all the rest. No it's not Covid, I have tested.
Going quietly back to bed for a few days.

21 comments:
May you heal quickly. God bless. ~d
Best place to be, keep warm and hope its short lived.
Praying right now for healing and comfort and good rest for you! So sorry.
God bless you. Get well soon x
I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. Praying for you!
I'm sorry you got that virus. May it pass quickly so you can enjoy your Christmas.
Meanwhile take very good care of yourself. GM
So sorry to read you are not well, look after yourself and hopefully be bug free soon, Marlene, Poppypatchwork
Hate to be negative dear Barbara but if you have the same one I've had for the past three weeks, and I'm still coughing, blowing, and running a temp at the end of the day (Bob's wasn't quite as bad and he did have a temp at all), I'm praying for you! It's everywhere over here too, so debilitating, makes everything an effort, have no appetite and the coughing wears one out. Like you, my COVID tests have all been negative - had all the available shots + the RSV and Flu vaccines!
Our thoughts are with you and we hope your version is short and you will still enjoy Christmas. Sending love and good thoughts.
Always, M & B XX
I have read that whooping cough is making a comeback at this time in the UK. Also called the 100 days cough. I went through this about 15 years ago here, and it ravaged all of us for awhile. Guess the shot wears off after awhile.
I hope you have a very mild case. They actually gave me an antibiotic while I suffered throug the coughing.
God bless.
Dear Barbara, I do hope you feel better in a few days and will be able to enjoy a bit of Christmas festivities. Hugs from afar, Lorrie
Dearest Barbara, get well soon. God bless you - much love 🙏 💓
So sorry you have got the nasty bug, hope you will soon be well and that it won't spoil Christmas with family and loved ones. Betty x
Horrible for you. Hope you're coping with meals and drinks and you feel better soon.
So sorry to hear this! Get well soon! God bless you!
I'm so sorry you're sick! It's that time of year here for flu viruses to spread as well. Praying you are better soon, and can get a lot of rest. Love you!!!
Oh no!! Will pray 🙏
I'm so sorry to hear that you are under the weather. One of our little neighbor girls is sick with Flu B and it is going through the public school systems here in our county like wildfire.
Hope you feel better soon.
Praying for you right now Barbara!
How are you now Barbara?
Oh no, I am so very sorry to read this. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
I'm so sorry to hear this, Barbara. This is NOT nice at all, and just before Christmas too. Sending love and best wishes for a quick recovery. Brenda xo
Post a Comment