I had a sudden need to bake this afternoon.
Not cakes, because we eat them and that is Not a Good Thing.
But just a dozen sultana scones.
Three went to a neighbour on our right side and three went to the neighbour on the left. They are both elderly (says she who is of course very young) and they both live alone.
So a couple of warm fruit scones left on the doorstep was welcomed.
With a little butter and a cup of tea......perfect.
17 comments:
Mmmn lovely! Your kindness will also mean you and your husband don't eat them all and pile on the pounds so a win win situation!!
Frequently I get the urge to bake. I never eat any of it, I've been Keto for 5+ years! My four kids know that when they get a group text message, it can only mean Mom made something she won't eat but that it smells good!
What a kind neighbor you are!
Yes, perfect indeed! Love the plate and mug, too. Nice of you to share with your neighbors.
They do look so delicious. How lovely to cheer up someone else's tea table with a couple of them.
Wishing 'she who is of course very young' a pleasant evening and safe week ahead.
Heart hugs, Brenda
What a sweet thing to do. Nothing beats a fresh warm scone with butter or jam.
I wish I was your neighbor! I baked the apple tarts that came in a gift box. I had to clear room in the freezer. I ate one! YUMMY!
I have not done any baking at all because my daughter-in-law bakes enough for 10 people. Almost every time I see her she has something else yummy for me to sample.
This morning it was peanut butter sandwich cookies with a chocolate creme filling. Goodness they were good & I don't really like peanut butter cookies.
What a sweet gesture and they look so good!
Stay safe & warm hugs from Holland,
Carolien
thats a nice gesture to your neighbours, you could always freeze a few. Glad you are ok and keeping occupied.
Such a generous thought sharing with neighbours in this current situation. They look delicious. Stay safe.
They look delicious and pretty! I've always wanted to make scones but for some reason, feel like they would be a total failure. :) We gave one of our neighbors toilet paper (that's in really short supply here during this pandemic), and one of our neighbors gave us eggs (short supply too).
I have had the urge to bake as well but unfortunately I didn’t stock up on baking stuff. Maybe next grocery store run. Your scones look delicious — I haven’t made any in ages. You wouldn’t happen to ship to the US would you? Just kidding but you are inspiring me to get in the kitchen.
Makes me wish I was your neighbor. :)
oh that looks lovely!!! and I have that same plate! that makes me happy :) Scones are a wonderful thing to enjoy and I am so glad you could share, I am sure that brightened their days!!! We are praying for you both daily here! <3
Such a kind gesture that I'm sure your neighbours appreciated. Your scones look scrumptious!
Barbara, oh you are the sweetest! I wish I lived next door to you. And I love scones too! xo
The scones look wonderful and how sweet of you to share the bounty.
God bless.
Post a Comment