Thursday, 28 May 2020

Poppy appears

And now for something completely different...
I was quite sure that I had planted, last year, a poppy called Patty's Plum. It's a very pretty lilac colour.
However, this is what appeared yesterday!

She is very pretty, and I like to have lots of pink in my garden, so she is welcome.
The garden is so dry, day by day the sun shines and there is no sign of rain. Each night I potter around with a watering can and treat my seedlings to a drink.
That's the time when the scents seem to intensify, and there is a wash of rose perfume through the garden.
I love this time of year.

15 comments:

elizabeth said...

oh she is beautiful! I am so glad you have your garden! how wonderful to have such heavenly scents after watering! God bless you!

Pom Pom said...

I do, too! I bought two poppies and one is sort of that color. I like the big orange ones, too! We had a little rain last night, so I hope it gave all my seedlings and new plants a big drink. Your flowers are always lovely! I hope you have a splendid day!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love to imagine your garden awash in loveliness and fragrance. At present our neighbourhood Mayday trees scent the air. One of my favourite moments is when I unexpectedly catch a whiff on a breeze.

Your poppy is so pretty. She is such a lovely colour. I do love poppies. Hope gentle rains come your way soon.

Hugs,
Brenda xox

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovley flower. There's a blogger in Yorkshire Dales that hoped for a pink iris that turns out to be purple. The flowers this year seem to have a mind of their own.

Jenny said...

I've only grown poppies once but they weren't this pretty. This is lovely.

ellen b. said...

Well that's a beautiful surprise. We are predicted a 92 degree day on Saturday. Yikes!

Granny Marigold said...

I just noticed today that my poppies are also blooming. I must take some pictures and post them.
I agree that this is a wonderful time of the year.
Our gardens are at their very best.

Lorrie said...

She is a beautiful poppy. My neighbour's double poppies are in bloom over the fence, but mine are still small and a long ways from blooming.
Surprises in the garden are usually fun, and yours is a beautiful colour.

Elderberry-Rob said...

how beautiful, poppies don't grow for me, I love their papery petals. I am watering my garden in the evenings and really enjoying the moment too :)

Sarah said...

Beautiful. I love poppies, I did plant some seeds last year but I think the cat slept on the seedlings and they died, lol

Cheryl said...

What a lovely surprise gift there in your garden!

Connie said...

My what a lovely post. I could almost smell the marvelous scents from your garden. That poppy is gorgeous. Thank you for visiting my blog today. Reading comments helps break up the loneliness that hovers over my heart. I was excited when I saw that you had stopped by. There are many miles between us but I consider you a dear friend.
Have a sweet day,

Your blogging sister,
Connie

Deanna Rabe said...

Your poppy is so pretty! My poppies are starting to bloom. I'll try to get a photo of them!

Anonymous said...

Barbara, what a gorgeous shade of pink! We have had quite a bit of rain here. I water the days it doesn't rain. I hope you are blessed with rain soon. xo

Jackie said...

Poppies are one flower I have never planted. That one is a lovely pink.

God bless.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...